Sunday, November 29, 2009

What Do You Mean Tomorrow is Monday?? Really??

Well, my 4-day weekend is coming to a crashing halt. It is nearing 7 pm on Sunday night and my 4 day weekend is all but over. It was, to a point, restful. I got a lot done around the house. We had a quiet dinner at home with Mags son showing up to join us. The pets were happy as they always get a little plate of turkey on the Turkey-related holidays.

I did get lucky and got to see a couple of Devils games. They are on a hot-streak and considering they have a lot of young guys up from the farm team because of injuries, it makes it even more exciting.

I had some trouble sleeping last night. Mags and I were both stressed out and we were up until almost 1130. Very late for us. We decided to hit the sack and Mags was soon fast asleep. I laid in bed staring at the ceiling. The ceiling stared back at me, mockingly, as I tried to sleep.
I sometimes will put my iPod on and listen to some tunes until I grow very tired and then slip off my headphones and go to sleep. Didn't work last night. I laid awake until 1:30 am when finally, I fell to sleep. I awoke promptly at 3:11 am and was awake until well, 5 when I decided to get up rather than toss and turn. By this point my back was aching and I needed to take something to relive the pain. I groaned and rolled out of bed. At this point, Mags, who had been awake for a minute or two said "I'll just get up with you." I tried to tell her to stay in bed because she has been sick but she was now wide awake too.

So we went to the kitchen and put the kettle on for tea. Mags fired up the heating pad for me and I got into 'the chair' and flipped the tv on. I caught the tail end of 'Hockey Night Live!' (it was really not live, but taped from last night but I am grateful for hockey hi-lites when I can get them) Mags laid on the couch and was soon fast asleep ( "If you put a show on with men talking about sports, I'll go right to sleep") and she did. I did not. I watched two episodes of Law and Order and the started a third when Mags awoke and said to me "just go crawl back into bed", which I did, and slept until 10am. She was shocked to see me up and about so early having just had under 4 1/2 hours sleep total for the night. They weren't even consecutive hours of sleep...How was I?? Imagine "Night of the Living Dead"...except I didn't feel the need to feed on human flesh.

Mags had been down and said that a trip to Target would lift her spirits. So we ventured out to the store and did some shopping for our young nephews. I usually don't like shopping but I think I was just so tired I didn't care. Besides, Mags is very sick and needs my support and I'll give it any way I can. And really, if it means making a trip to our local Target, then I'm her man.
I did make it up to myself by shoplifting a watch band and some Hello Kitty lunch box decals. No, I really didn't. Honest.

So that's it. We came home, wrapped the gifts, got them packed and I took CrazyDog into the yard for some play time and then just vegged in front of my computer.

I dread going back tomorrow. It's always hard going back after such a long lay-off.
Hope you all had a restful four-day weekend and good luck getting back into the groove tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jud said...

I hate when I cannot sleep.

I am all a groovin' now, fully back into the swing of work, the long break a fading memory.