Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hoppy Easter

Yes I know. It is supposed to say Hoppy Easter....it's a play on words.....it's supposed to be funny. So today we ventured to church for the first time in some while. What a crowd. All the 'casual Cathos' were there. People were packed  in like sardines and it was literally standing room only. I'm also happy to report that the roof did not fall in on me but I did seem to 'sizzle' a bit when the Holy Water hit me. Ouchy. It was a nice service. Father Ed was on his best Sunday game but I do miss Father O'Connor. He was our priest for some time and he was right from the Sod. He was an older gent and whilst he was very serious about his duties, he was also a very smart and funny guy (Hey. He was Irish after all). Sadly he passed this last year. The church won't be the same without him.
So after being near trampled in our efforts to leave the service, we came home and Mags put together a very tasty dinner. A nice spiral ham (with glaze....yummy) a nice salad and some au gratin 'tatoes. Very nice. Tom, my step-son popped over for a bit to visit and then Dottie my SIL and her daughter Vicki stopped by. 
We just had a grilled-cheese with tomato sandwich for our 'dinner' and will probably veg in front of the TV for a couple of hours before hitting the sack. 
On Friday I received a call from a dude who works at NETFLIX and he found my resume online and was wondering if I was still looking for a job. I returned his call but I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow to hear from him. Maybe something there will pan out.

No comments: