Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Has Sprung??

Okay so the other day I sat out on my little patio. The sun was shining, the temps were in the mid 60's, there was a nice breeze and a 'high' wind. By high wind I mean the strongest part of said breeze was just cruising the tree-tops. It made for interesting viewing, watching the tops of the trees sway back and forth and their branches clicked together like natures own windchimes. It creates a pretty neat sound effect too. 
So anyways, I'm sitting in the sun, listening to our small brass wind chimes clinking softly in the background, kicking CrazyDog's ball across the yard for him, enjoying the warmth of the sun on my back and decided I'd write a blog entry. No I don't have a laptop, I did it the old fashioned way....you guys remember pens and paper, right?? So there I sat, basking in the warmth, enjoying the day..and today..the first day of Spring..it is freakin' snowing! 
So I sat and wrote with all intentions of posting this on that day, Wednesday, when all those good things happened at 'the Rock' I felt I needd to pay tribute to Marty and Patty and yesterday, well..not so into the blog.

Mags has been down and out with a bad dose of something. her diagnosis can't really be pinned down to one thing but it is nasty. When something knocks my wife off her feet it is bad. For the last week she has been coughing like a three-pack a day smoker and her fever has at points, peaked out at 101.8 She has been given three new meds and we're still waiting for them to start kicking in. The worse part is that my wife is slightly, well...neurotic about new meds. It's kinda like getting Woody Allen to sip down his cough syrup. I mean, it has codein and that crap is strong stuff, combined with all the other meds she must take, I understand her reluctance. 
Her lungs are full of phlegm and she's been hacking for days trying to clear it. Unfortunately not a lot is coming out. Good thing nurse Connor is on the case. No I'm not wearing  the white skirt...pervs...
I went to our local Wegmans for some chicken soup and when she took a look at it, she almost hurled. No soup for you! No, it is good soup but that was another side-effect of her illness, nothing looks good and food makes her tummy tumble. So hopefully she'll be back to good health soon.

1 comment:

Madam Z said...

It's been three days since you posted this, so I sure hope Mags is feeling a lot better. If she's still coughing, I recommend she use a cough syrup with lots of Guaifenesin in it. It's an expectorant and has helped me a lot over the years. Also, although I'm sure you know this already, make sure she drinks lots and lots of fluids. Hot lemonade, made with fresh lemon juice and honey is soothing. I wish her well and I hope you don't/haven't got it.