Thursday, January 17, 2008

Say Auugghhhhhh

Okay so I took the day off. Again. I was feeling like crap agian last night and when I awoke this morning I had the feeling that there was a tiny little dwarf in my head and he was trying to dig out with an ice-pick. A very, very sharp ice-pick. So my lovely wife suggests I stay home. To quote her 'that's why you have sick days.' Well she needed twist my arm. I got up at around 630 and called in. Or out. Whatever.
I tried to get in to see my doc and of course there was nothing available. I was told, however, that I could see a nurse at 1. I ran this by Maggie and she said "are you burning up with fever little man?! See if you can get an appointment with a doctor in another office." So I call back and request a doctor and am told I could see Dr. Hanna at 10. This makes us both feel better and I drive over to the Medical Arts Building, whixh is connected to CentraState Hospital in Freehold. This place is really nice. There are many wings and the doc's office is in one of them. Walking into this doctors office is a pleasant surprise. Big comfortable chairs, nice lighting, big heavy oak tables, nice lighting... Compared to the office I usually go to which is basically a crack den with a fake plant and a receptionist. But I digress.
I saw a young woman named doctor Hanna who, after listening to my plight, deduced that last week I had a viral infection which knocked out my immune system, thus allowing the rampaging sinus infection I currently posses.
She gave me a script and a sample of Nasonex, and recommended lots of fluids and lots of rest. So I fill my script and come home. I have a cup of tea and then..surprise, crawl back into bed and sleep for a few hours. I can't wait for this shit to clear up. I hate feeling like this. I'm completely worn down. Mags suggested I take tomorrow off and tehn I ahve the weekend to recoup. I initially tell her I'm going to wait to see how I feel in the mornign but I'm now leaning towards taking tomorrow off.

No comments: