Friday, November 2, 2007

My Friday Off

So this is a Friday off for me. I had plans but nixed them because I was told at work we'd be workign Saturday. Policy in my place is you must physically work 40 hours to get the overtime. In other words, if I took my PTO today and worked Saturday it would be straight time. So after a consult with Mags, I cancelled a doctors appointment and told my boss I'd work Friday and Saturday. I explained the company plicy to him and he said "okay, great".
He told me at like 430 there would probably be no work Saturday. So I huffed and puffed and grumbled to myself. Only because I cancelled a doctors appointment. I have to reschedule but will do that Mon. I tried today but my doctor's office is notoriously hard to get hold of. You are usually put on hold for upwards of fifteen minutes. But I digress.
This morning I was up early and drove to Freehold to turn in the tags from my truck. The DMV is about ten miles away and the ride was pretty easy. I walked in and walked out, having beat the crowds. I then headed towards home and hit Lowes and then to Wegmans for ingredients for dinner. Once home I made a pot of Irish tea and sat down to read the paper. I then realised I left desert at the store. So back to Wegmans it was and when I walked in and inquired about my desert I was given my bag which also had the four cans of broth in it! Man, where is my head at??
So that problem resolved I came home, got some laundry going, scrubbed the toilets and played with CrazyDog for about 45 minutes. Then it was into the kitchen to prepare tonight's dinner for Maggie and Meself which will be Pot roast Provencal. Little veggies little wine and a nice cut of meat. Throw it into the oven for 3 hours and we will be eatin' good. I also made an apple crisp for dinner. I've never done one of those so it will be interesting to see how it comes out.
Hope it's good.

No comments: