Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Well here we are, another Turkey Day is upon us. A day to reflect on what blessings we have in our life's, things we are grateful for and a day to hang out with friends and family. And it is a day of couse, to eat like an Ethiopian kid at the Old Country Buffet. We will stuff the turkey and then five hours later, stuff ourselves.
I can count many blessings in my life. I have a decent job, a neat little house, pretty decent health (most days), and above all a wonderful wife.
I'm thankful to have her in my life and above all, I'm thankful that her health continues to be good (most days). The woman has been through the ringer I'll tell ya'. I will not go into the gorey details but let me tell you, she is the strongest person I know.
I'm thankful to live in a truly free country. We have our problems but really, we've got it pretty good. We have the bravest men and women in the world in the form of our armed forces protecting us here and abroad.
So as we await the arrival of Mims and Cassie, we are going to just chill out. Mags has already made three pies and the house was cleaned up nice yesterday. I'll take CrazyDog for his walk in a bit. The boy loves to run but I just keep up with the little whippersnapper. We will be heading to Bub's for a nice dinner at about 1 and hopefully, we will have a nice, relaxing long weekend.
I hope you all have a wonderful day.

No comments: