Sunday, September 30, 2007

When There's Nothing To Say

Okay, when I started this new blog I swore I was gonna do something every day. I read another blog by ajournalist and one 'tip' he offered towards having a successful blog was to write every day. Even if it's crap. Well, while that's a fine idea, there is one small thing standing in my way. my job. The idea of staying home in my jammies and writitng everyday appeals to me a bit, but honestly, the idea of paying my mortgage appeals to me much more so.
So my plan to write at least a little every day has gone south real fast, hasn't it? I mean, all that's news is O.J., Michael Vick, and Britney. And really, they give us so much material...I'm just not in the writing mood lately. I've been messin' with HTML code and have finally gotten some music on here so I'm happy about that.
Work is super busy and we will not be allowed any time off until at least the third week in October. And going back to the paying my mortgage thing, this is good. I'm hoping some o.t. is coming with that.
Speaking of work, on Friday one of my coworkers was let go. She was a nice enough person and always seemed to be busy whenever I saw her, so it was slightly shocking when I found out. And while she was a nice gal and good worker and all, the most upsetting thing about her termination is that, aside from the Asians, she was the only co-worker I was taller than. So I spoke with the Great Big Head in the office and he told me he would see what he could do for me. Is he great or what?!
Also had a nice long talk with the Redman today. He's doing really good and he's getting his life back on track and that makes me happy. We spoke at great length as Irishmen are wont to do and covered a bit of ground regarding, in no particular order; life, relationships and the writings of the Dali Lama. Interesting chat.
okay that's it

No comments: