Wednesday, August 1, 2007

The 3 H's of Irish Healing

Today I find that I am still suffering with a nasty head cold. I have been to work and once home, I do not alot. I'm being pampered by Maggie and I'm ready..well I want to get rid of this fucking cold. I'm miserable and worse of all, now Maggie is down with a dose of whatever is ailing me. She was just saying tonight how she wishes we had a nice little hot tub. A little whirlpool action would do us a world of good right now. Ahhhh...
But no, I will instead opt for the Irish3 remedy. Hot bath, Hot tea, Hot Toddie. When I am sick I want very little in way of food or drink. My wife makes some killer soups. Her chicken soup is fantabulous and her Minestrone gives my stomach a hard-on. I want that. And tea. Nothing else. I don't want to eat or drink except for those few things....
The Hot bath will ease my achey bones and the Hot Toddie will help me sleep...winkwink. That also eases the pain too, if'n ya' know what I mean. A Hot Toddie is a simple little drink that does wonders for what ails ye'. You simply need to make a cup of hot tea, Irish Breakfast if you have it, otherwise, Tetley is your best bet. Add a heaping teaspoon of sugar and a shot of Jamieson's Irish Whiskey. Bottoms up boyo....
Here's to hoping we're both back in form soon.

No comments: