Tuesday, June 5, 2007

This is Why it's Called Bad News

At work today I received a call from my cousin. My sister Jennifer, who has been battling cancer is not doing well. I have been trying to prepare myself for this, but really, how do you prepare for the death of a loved on? A sibling especially? I told my cousin thanks for calling and called Mag who was at work. She came home as soon as she could and we are getting ready to go to Rhode Island first thing in the morning.
My mom is not doing good with all this. We lostmy dad to cancer 7 years ago and now this. My sister who is divorced, and has an 8 yr. old daughter, have been living with my mom for the last few years.
The news today was the tumor is back in her head. There is water on the brain, and on top of that, she has pneumonia. She has refused being aspirated and has refused to be ventilated. She is probably not going to be with us much longer. I saw her about a month ago and she was just a shell of the person she once was. She is down to about 65 pounds and the cancer is just finishing her off.
I am thankfull that she will leave us with many happy and funny memories.
The time for a miracle has passed, now I hope she just dies peacefully.

No comments: