Saturday, June 23, 2007

Sisters and Brothers

Some time ago, when Jen was a young lass I thought it would be funny to play a little prank on her. At the time of said prank, my father, who was a pretty handy guy, was adding a second floor to our house. It had been enclosed and really everything was about done. The floors, however, were not. They were just the 'subfloor', waiting for tile or rug. I heard my mother downstairs ask Jen if she wanted to go for a ride to the store. jen screamed in delight and said she would have to get her shoes. By this time, I had already nailed them to the floor.
She was sitting on the floor yanking and pulling, wondering why they wouldn't come up. I was laughing in my room and at this point, the jig was up. My Dad came up looked at the shoe, looked at me and just shook his head. He removed the nail and sent Jen on her way.
Now if you're thinking "what a little prick", Jen did have her revenge. See we always had a cat or two in our house and at the time we had a litter box. Well, come winter and the snow was a flyin', she dug into the litter box and took a few pieces of crap and slid them into the fingers of my gloves. It's okay, you can laugh.....

No comments: